12.02.2013

Favorites - November

I can never quite decide whether I love November or December more. November includes my birthday and it's the start of the holiday season, but I mean… you cannot deny December. It's Christmas season y'all!! OK OK… you're probably like "shut up already and get to it!". Alright already! Jeez. Let's talk favorites, shall we? I feel like with winter upon us, I've has some skincare essentials carrying me through. I also have some new brushes I'm loving and a couple makeup items. Let's jump in!


The last time I mentioned this was during the summer time as I love face mists for cooling and refreshing your skin, but this is also excellent for toning and hydrating the face. I know people rave about the Caudalie Beauty Elixir which I did use for a while, but it contains alcohol and I find that it's not really great at hydrating my skin. From the minute I purchased this bottle, I've been in love. It's SO good. It has a lovely soft scent, it feels refreshing on the skin, it tones/balances your skin and it feels hydrating. I've had this bottle for about a year already and it's still going strong so I do think it's worth the price as it will last you quite a while. I use two sprays over my face and neck area in the morning and evenings after washing my face - before applying serum and moisturizers.

This is my holy grail face wash. I absolutely adore this. I've been using it for years now and will forever repurchase this. It's really a basic cleanser. It comes out like a slippery gel texture and it doesn't foam up much at all as you massage it into your skin. I love that about this because I feel like foaming or soap based cleansers tend to strip the skin of their natural oils that are good for you. This really keeps the skin balanced, you won't feel tight or anything. I have combination skin, but I recommend this for all skin types. It also removes all of my makeup so I do one wash to remove my makeup and a second to just cleanse my skin. I can't get enough of it!

Around the beginning of this month, I purchased a few products from Aesop for the first time and I have been so impressed. I'm loving everything I purchased from them so much. I mentioned a couple of their body products in my Winter Skincare post. The Aesop Fabulous Face Oil is so awesome. I still love the Tarte Maracuja Oil, but this one is so fantastic. It would be lovely on all skin types, but I highly recommend this for oily and combination skin types as it doesn't leave any oily residue once massaged into the skin. It has a nice light herbal scent, it's very hydrating and sinks completely into the skin leaving it feeling matte. Not dry matte, just matte as in you won't feel anything sitting on your skin. It also helps decongest your skin. I find I wake up with my skin looking healthy, less irritated and less congested. It's good stuff I tell you!

I am really picky with foundations. Along with skincare, this is an area that I'm willing to splurge on without hesitation, because if your skin looks good, everything else will fall into place. So, I'm always hesitant when it comes to drugstore foundation, but I'd heard some raving talks about it so I finally just picked it up on a whim and so happy I did. It has a medium to full coverage with a matte finish. It's liquid foundation that's not too thick and not too thin. It comes with a pump which I love so it's not messy or annoying to use. It glides and blends into the skin seamlessly. It doesn't look or feel heavy. It can layer for added coverage and it stays on all day! I would say that it's geared more for combination to oily skin types. Normal skin is OK as well, but I would stay away from this if you have dry skin. I do have to make sure that I moisturize properly prior to applying this so that it glides on nicer and won't dry out my skin. Don't forget to moisturize with this! I absolutely adore it though and have been using it so much lately. 

I did a whole review on all the NARS Guy Bourdin products. There were a lot of great things, but I just can't stop using the Day Dream blush. It's a peachy pink color. Similar to Deep Throat by NARS, but more intense color. Like all NARS blushes, it's pigmented, glides on effortlessly and blends easily. What more can I say? I just love the color!

I seriously cannot get enough of this. I've tried a lot of high end mascaras and always go back to my Covergirl Lashblast (which I still love), but this one really is taking the cake. It has a flexible rubber brush head with short rubber bristles. It is absolutely amazing at building up volume in your lashes! Try it!

Make Up Forever released a range of professional brushes a month or two ago and I was really intrigued. They looked like a beautiful quality with gorgeous dark wooden handles. They had so many options of sizes, bristles, shapes, etc that I knew I wanted some. I started out with the one I thought looked like something I'd use a lot, the 108 Large Foundation Brush. I absolutely love it. It's sort of a cross between my Real Techniques Expert face brush (which I'm obsessed with) and a traditional foundation brush. You know - the ones that look like flat paint brushes. It blends beautifully. Looks gorgeous and washes well. I'm most picky with foundation brushes and I'm really pleased with this one so I'm looking forward to trying out some other brushes in the range soon. Have any of you tried some of them?

I really needed a new blush brush and I've heard so much about Bobbi Brown brushes, I figured I'd give them a go. This is really just a basic essential. It has a rounded and slightly tapered brush head. The bristles are soft but firm and it applies perfect amount of color.

That's everything! It always feels like a lot going through favorites. What have you all been loving? Have any of you tried anything I mentioned already?
Happy December everyone!!
Talk soon. Kisses, J

No comments :

Post a Comment