1.28.2014

Alexa for Eyeko - Eye DO!

So, you all know who Alexa Chung is, right?! I hope you do because she's the epitome of cool. But if you're under a rock or you've been locked in a high security vault for the past few years, Alexa is a DJ, model, style icon, illustrator (which totally inspired the main image I drew for todays post) and all around person extraordinaire known for her effortlessly cool style - very laid back tomboy, but feminine and chic. I don't know how she does it, but she does it well. And she's of course known for her classic kitten flick eyeliner. Her makeup is always minimal, but she's never without that 1960's flick inspired by the classics. How can you go wrong?! So, recently, she teamed up with Eyeko to create a kit with her perfect liquid eyeliner and mascara. This is the first time I ever tried anything from Eyeko and I'm impressed!




That's Alexa in Vogue above ….

First of all. The packaging is so super cute (promo image above). With doodles done by Alexa for the packaging. The kit comes in a tube with a limited edition poster created by Alexa herself, a waterproof black liquid eyeliner, a lash lengthening mascara and a guitar pic. Nice! I was most excited for the Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner. Alexa's liner is always so flattering and perfect. Not too harsh, just perfectly accentuating her eyes. I even studied the closeups of her eye on the poster to really get a handle on the exact shape. I noticed she swoops down and then back up for the flick instead of doing it overly exaggerated and straight across. And I have to say, this liner makes it easy to do just that. It's a super black black liner with a chubby felt tip pen that comes to a super duper fine point. The tip of the pen has a small amount of flexibility giving you enough allowance to maneuver it how you need. It's also the perfect amount of inky. The ink is in the pen so you never run our half way through applying liner. It's liquidy enough to glide nicely, but not too liquidy to be runny and messy. It stays in place all day long and I have to say, it's a definite A+. Not to mention that even though it's waterproof, it's not overly difficult to remove which I really appreciate.

Next up is the Eye Do Mascara. I kind of felt that this would not be my most favorite from the get go and unfortunately, I was right. Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad one, but it's not what I look for in a mascara. I love drier formula mascaras that build tons of volume into my lashes. For reference, my absolute favorites are YSL Babydoll, Tarte Lights Camera Lashes and Covergirl Lashblast. This one is lengthening and nicely separating. It definitely gives your lashes a flirty look which is nice, but not my personal favorite since it's not the most volumizing. Even with multiple coats, it won't build up much. So, great for length and separation, but not for volume. It does mention it is supposed to strengthen your lashes. I probably didn't use it enough to attest to that, but I will say that it felt nourishing on my lashes. Not harsh where it dried up or pulled on them so that's a plus.

Below are images of me with the liner and mascara. First image with liner only and second being with liner and mascara. I have to say, I really love the liner. The mascara is quite nice too, but I personally just love mascaras that look like I've got on false lashes. This one is more of a natural long and flirty lash.


The kit retails for $39 at Sephora. Have any of you given this kit a try? Or anything else you've tried from Eyeko that you found worthy of a mention?

Talk soon. Kisses, J

No comments :

Post a Comment