7.18.2013

Dior Glow - Review

I feel like I rarely hear people talking about Dior products. Chanel has a cult following with their cream bronzer and foundations, everyone loves the NARS blushes, people are obsessed with YSL lipsticks and touche éclat. What about Dior?! I personally love and use a lot of their products. Don't even get me started on their 5 color eyeshadows! A while back (maybe a few years ago?) I picked up the Dior Addict Lip Glow (left) and was obsessed! It was all downhill from here. Oh boy.

The Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm (left) is a lip balm, but no ordinary lip balm. It reacts with the your lip chemistry and forms a custom color on the lips. It is sheer and will look different on everyone depending on your lips. For me, it goes on like any other lip balm and looks like nothing special. Just feels moisturizing, smooth and has a slight cool/minty feeling and smell. After a few minutes though, you'll notice the color adjusting. For me, I end up with a brighter more pink color than my natural lips. Really pretty and sort of just looks like that's the color your lips really are because it's just brightening and enhancing your color. Cool! I've gone through a few of these and my mom is addicted to it. Ooo, and it has SPF 10 - always a plus!

That was the only product in this sort of range for a while, but maybe a year ago (my timing may be off) they came out with the Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush (right). I actually didn't know what it was, but the bright pink really attracted me and I snapped it up right away. The formula is really good. Has great pigmentation and is a really smooth, creamy powder. When I first put it on, I thought "What's happening?!". And then I realized it was the "glow" formula. Same concept, it works with your skin chemistry to create a shade of blush that is flattering and unique to your skin. I usually get a bright peachy pink color on my skin, but it will look different on everyone. I never finish blushes (always leave them half way through), but at the moment, I'm almost through with this one. That has to say something!

Now, a few months ago, Dior released the Nail Glow (center right) and Dior Addict Lip Glow Gloss (center left). Having two of the glow products already, I was automatically sucked in. I need them! (or so I told myself). I'm am hands down a lip gloss kind of gal. I love lip glosses! Prefer them to lipstick any day. I applied this one and was so excited. The exact same feeling and effect of the lip balm, but in a glossy formula. Perfect!! It still feels cooling and hydrating. The color kicks in after a couple minutes of wear and it lasts quite a while. The gloss isn't overly glossy or sticky at all. Just gives a pretty sheen to the lips.

Lastly is the Nail Glow. I personally really like this too, but I'm not so sure that it acts the same as the others. It's supposed to enhance the natural color of my nails. These products do translate different on everyone though so others may have different experiences. For me, this just gave me a light pink hue. I do like it. I also love the Dior nail polish brushes. They are wide and the bristles are cut at a curved shape on the bottom so it fits right into your nail. One or two swipes and your nail is covered. Pretty goof proof. The wear is good as well, lasts long without any chips. Basically, I like this, I'm happy with it, but I wouldn't rave about it or recommend this greatly. Considering the price tag, you can get something similar for less. 

I really do think the idea of these products are cool. I've seen a few other brands do one or two things similar, but these are my favorites. I still get a kick out of seeing my lip color change. The packaging is beautiful and the products do what they claim which is not always the case with some brands. If you haven't ever tried these out, sample them at a Dior counter or Sephora. It's fun to watch different people put them on and see how it reacts with your body chemistry. A makeup science adventure!

No comments :

Post a Comment