10.31.2013

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Review

Hey there. So, as you are all surely aware, the weather is getting colder. Duh! Now, I personally have the driest lips all year round. Oily/Combo skin and dry chapped lips. Go figure. I do, however, notice that it hits harder in the winter time. I had mentioned in my post all about lips that I usually use the medicated Blistex in the blue pot to cure and dry, cracked or chapped lips..... until now. I finally took the plunge and picked up a tube of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and it is quickly becoming a staple must have. To start, it comes in a tube. Like a big tube. Like the size of a hand cream. The reason for this is that it's really more of an all purpose product. You can use it on chapped lips, minor scrapes or burns, dry cuticles or anything that looks like it could use some serious moisture and protection. The product comes out of the tube in a pinkish tone as a creamy gel like consistency. Similar to vaseline but not as thick feeling. You will need literally the tiniest amount to cover an area. I barely use a hair of it to cover my entire lips. It goes on feeling smooth and moisturizing. I have found that if you take the time to massage it into the lips (or skin), it will really hydrate and smooth over any dry or flakey areas. You can also feel that it coats the area a bit and gives protection which is great for being out on a cold winter day. It really feels amazing as you apply it and is very comfortable. It does have a slight medicated type scent to it. It doesn't bother me, but if you're really picky with that kind of thing, maybe take a sniff before you take the plunge. I honestly just cannot praise this enough because I can feel it help my lips so so so much. It has both immediate and long term effects. It's the best thing I've used to really help my lips from feeling like they're going to fall off! I've been carrying this in my bag and my mom had a burn that was starting to scab and peel a bit on her hand. I pulled this out and she smoothed it onto her burn. It was crazy how it just smoothed over the dry flakiness and looked completely moisturized. It is really good stuff! I really only use it for my lips, but its pretty handy how all purpose a product like this can be. It can really come in handy. It's seriously my new favorite thing! Have any of you tried this?
Talk soon. Kisses, J

I found mine at Ulta, but you can also pick one up at any Elizabeth Arden counter.

No comments :

Post a Comment