10.15.2013

Let's Get Inspired! - Gold Trend


So, unless you've been under a rock, you'll know that Fashion week happened a few weeks ago and I've been loving looking through all the makeup looks going down the runways. Of course these are Spring 2014 trends, but seeing all the gold on the runways totally has me wanting it NOW! The Dior show had amazing gold looks. I love pulling inspiration images and seeing a vibe all in one place. I could probably make inspiration boards/collages all day long. OK, back to what I was saying. What was I saying? Oh, yes. Gold is obviously trending for spring, but I kind of think that gold and metallics in general are perfection all year round. It's so bold, but in a cool and oddly subtle way. It definitely makes a statement, but not in the way cobalt blue eyeshadow does. You catch my drift? Yeah. So, I'm totally obsessed with metallics and golds all the time. I do think that the way you translate it might vary throughout the year. Not all golds are created equal. During the Fall/Autumn seasons, I love the darker and dirtier golds. The antiqued looking gold that isn't super bright is the way to go.

I pulled a few of my personal favorite picks that I think are great to wear this season. M.A.C's Old Gold pigment (if you're unfamiliar with pigments, they are just loose powder shadows with intense pigmentation) is a beautiful antiqued looking gold. It almost has a slight greenish undertone to it which keeps it looking a little patina'd and more Fall appropriate. It would be beautiful just on it's own as a wash across the eyelids. And if you read my last post, you'll already know that I'm obsessing over the Lancome Artliners. They are just brilliant and so easy to use. They released a gold color and I'm so in love. I can't get enough of gold liners. I think it's so chic to use a gold liner on bare eyelids with just mascara. My other love is gold nails. Illamasqua's Swinger nail varnish is a really good one. It's got a really good glitter in it that fully coats the nails. What's perfect about this for Fall is that it has a bit of a dirty silvery gold mixed in with a classic gold which gives it a little edge. 


Those are definitely the golds I'll be reaching for this season. What about you? What sort of golds do you like in the Fall? Or what other things are inspiring you from the runway?

On a side note, I wanted to mention a few things. I'm currently on a business trip in North Carolina. I really enjoying it here. Everyone is so friendly and sweet. Ah, and the trees. I love all the big old trees. You don't get that so much in LA around the city. I am, however, sad that the leaves haven't really started to change color. I was really hoping to be here just in time to see the bright reds, oranges and yellows. Oh well. Anyways, with all that being said, I am still trying to upload a few more posts this week, but bear with me as I try to figure out wifi (since it's only working on my bathroom counter...wth). I have also noticed a few more followers coming around this week and I really appreciate it. I don't think it will ever get old to see people coming to visit my little blog. Always puts a smile on my face. Thanks all! Hope to see you soon!!
xoxo. Kisses, J

Inspiration images from Garance Dore, Honestly WTF and Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment