11.21.2013

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette - Review

 
For quite a few months now I've slowly been hearing more and more about the Hourglass Ambient Powders. I'm always a bit hesitant with any sort of highlighting products because I do have combination skin so the natural oils my skin produces is more than enough sheen for me. I mostly use highlighting powders in the evenings when I want to go out and look glamorous and I know I won't be wearing my makeup all day long. I had swatched a few of the different ones in Sephora and was a bit iffy about them. They have quite a few shades all named after different types of light. Dim Light, Incandescent Light, Diffused Light - just to name a few. They are said to give you a naturally lit glow. I do think that they vary quite a bit between shades. Some look more natural (having less noticeable shimmer) than others which are the ones I like more. They're so expensive though too and I never really bit the bullet. 

This is when the holidays are so awesome because brands come out with palettes and sets around this time and Hourglass released a trio of the ambient lighting powders in one compact. The center shade is a limited edition shade exclusive to this palette and the other two are in the permanent line. I swatched them in store and snatched them up immediately. The powders are finely milled and apply smoothly. They blend into your skin seamlessly and really do have the ability to give your skin a natural looking lit up appearance. The left (Dim Light) is probably my most used and favorite of the three, but I've actually been using all of them for different purposes. Dim Light to set under eye concealer. The center, Incandescent Light, one to highlight my cheekbones and the far right, Radiant Light, over top of blushes to give warmth to my face. I'm really enjoying these and having fun with them. They're so versatile (even for any skin tone) because they almost disappear onto the skin looking really subtle and just leave a beautiful sheen that's not too shimmery or noticeable or chalky looking. I wouldn't so much classify these as highlighting products because they're not what you think of when you think of that. Ambient Lighting is kind of a good word as it gives your face a naturally and beautifully lit appearance. Almost like a soft focus effect. They are definitely a luxury product, but I absolutely love them. I have been using them on any given day because they don't make my face too shiny or anything. I've swatched them all below. The top showing them fully swatched and the bottom showing them blended into the skin. I will say that if you're going to splurge, you really might as well try and get your hands on this palette as I think it's much more value for money. You need so little product to achieve the desired look that I think this could possibly last me years. If you can't find the palette though, I do think the individual ones are worth it too. I would highly recommend Dim Light individually. I love it. Overall, I'm definitely enjoying having these in my collection. 

Left to right: Dim Light, Incandescent Light, Radiant Light


Talk soon. Kisses, J

No comments :

Post a Comment