12.15.2013

My Favorite Red Lipsticks

I've never been much of a lipstick wearer. Like ever. But, when I do decide to get all fancied up, I love a red lip. It's classic, it's chic and it's bold with sophistication. No one can deny the power of a red lip. So, of course, I've collected a few over the years and these are by far, my absolute favorites!


Bite Beauty - (Sephora Exclusive)
The Bite Beauty lipsticks are an amazing formula. Creamy, moisturizing and great pigmentation. Bite lipsticks are fast becoming on of my favorite formulas ever. Plus, this red is a gorgeous flattering classic. It is exclusive at Sephora to VIB Rouge which is annoying, but if you can get your hands on it, it's worth it!

M.A.C - Russian Red
I tend to not care much for M.A.C lipsticks as they're a bit drying on my lips, but I just love the colors sometimes and this one is one that is so worth it! Russian Red is the perfect cool toned red. It's matte with no shimmer at all. The pigmentation is undeniable and I just adore this color. It's pretty much the perfect red that's super flattering and won't make your teeth look yellow (huge points for that)

YSL Rouge Volupte - 17
I love YSL lipsticks. I'm serious when I say that I'd probably buy them sans the actual lipstick just because the casing is so gorgeous. Gold casing with the logo at the center wrapped around the tube and the color of the lipstick behind it so you know exactly what color it is when it's thrown in a drawer or your handbag. The formula is creamy, no shimmer and nicely pigmented. And this color is a classic red. Not too cool, not too warm. Really pretty.

NARS Guy Bourdin Cinematic Lipstick - Future Red (Limited Edition)
I hate mentioning this for the fact that it's limited edition, but it is still available to buy so I'm doing it anyways. It's a non shimmery glossy red lipstick. It has great pigmentation and this seriously looks flattering on everyone. I've used it and had friends with different skin tones try it on and it always looks great. I find the formula comfortable to wear as well which helps.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal - Twinkling Ruby
I love Estee Lauder Lipsticks. They're the most comfortable to wear. I swear I feel like I'm putting on lip balm. This is one of my most worn. It's a great staple red with a small amount of shimmer running through it. Perfect for the holiday season. The casing is also pretty. All gold with the 'EL' logo embossed on it and the color of the lipstick at the bottom. You can't go wrong with an Estee Lauder lipstick. Especially if you're picky with lipstick formula's feeling too drying on your lips.

So what is your go to red?
Talk soon. Kisses, J

2 comments :

  1. All amazing reds! Thanks so much for posting. You are my favorite blog. I love it so much

    ReplyDelete