9.09.2013

YSL Classy Palette - Review


Somehow my Sunday afternoon turned into a scavenger hunt to locate this palette. I spotted it a few weeks ago online and knew it was one I needed. Yes, needed! I've never been really keen on YSL eyeshadows. Not that they're bad, just that I never really gravitate towards them. When I saw this one, however, I think I might have drooled a little bit. Amongst their Fall 2013 collection, YSL introduced two limited edition eyeshadow palettes. What initially caught my eye was the packaging. It's very bold. The Classy palette (colors represented in the image above) is paired with black and gold packaging. The second one is a beautiful magenta color paired with the gold. Very graphic and so beautiful. Of the two, Classy is the more classic wearable color way. The other one is pretty too with navy blues and a pop of bright green, but this one is so my cup of tea. Classy is really a great name to represent the colors. I can just see the chic, modern city girl out on the town drinking champagne in a killer outfit wearing this. The colors include a rich brown, a shimmering champagne, a warm medium brown and a beautiful steely grey. They all have a fine shimmer to them, very sophisticated. They can be used both dry as usual or wet. Dry, they are pretty, but wet them and they really come to life. Rich and powerful pigment. Just dampen a flat synthetic shader brush and dip it into the shadow. They're easy to use, blend well and are just plain gorgeous! I know I will definitely get my money's worth out of this one! Although I won't want to throw it out after I finish it as the packaging is so good! I suggest that if you're looking for this, you call beforehand and place the product on hold. The only place I've seen it available online is on the Barneys website. I was super determined to find it and ended up going to South Coast Plaza in Orange County, hit every department store and then had to place it on hold at another mall that same day. So, I then drove to Irvine Spectrum to snatch up one of the last two at the Nordstrom there. Dedication I tell you (or insanity... take your pick!)! Anyways, it was so worth it!

Click through for both dry and wet swatches.


3 comments :

  1. Hi Jesenia!

    I really love your blog!

    I now want this palette!

    Beautiful photographs!

    L x
    ♥lucylovehart - ♥life♥beauty♥thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it so badly. Ugh. Champagne taste without even a beer budget, more like the public water fountain. LOL

    ReplyDelete