7.16.2013

What's in my Make up Bag - Current Favorites

One of my favorite things is seeing what people keep in their makeup bags (so nosey!). But, if it's in your makeup bag, it more than likely means you're truly enjoying the product. Mine is constantly changing, but this is a snapshot of what I'm loving at the moment. I'm always in a rush to get to work on time so for everyday I need products that work great and are super fast/easy to apply. With the exception of bronzer, I can pretty much get everything on without having to ever pull out a makeup brush (yay for fingers). Here's everything I've been using lately to create a simple, pretty, everyday summer look.



M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium: I'm not the biggest fan of M.A.C face products, but I have to say they really got it right here. I've been using this powder off and on for about 8 years. It's the most natural looking powder. Doesn't look cakey and is great for touch ups.

Garnier BB Cream - Light/Medium: This BB Cream honestly rivals higher end ones. It has a light coverage and blends into the skin effortlessly. Also helps you look radiant and the hyaluronic acid in it is great for keeping you hydrated all day long. 

Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder - Sunlight: This is my favorite bronzing powder ever and it has gorgeous packaging! I held off buying this because I kept telling myself "you don't need another bronzer". I'm so glad I didn't listen because this one is different. It does as the name says, it gives a 'Healthy Glow'. I use it in the shade 'Sunlight', but they also have a darker option in 'Sunset'.

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy - 09 Cool Guava: This is a sheer tinted lip balm. I've been using the Cool Guava shade which is a light baby pink with a slight hint of shimmer running through it. To be honest, my favorite thing about this is the packaging. The silver and gold casing with the YSL logo around the center band. Beautiful. I love whipping this out of my bag for touch ups. I feel so fancy! (If you don't want to splurge, the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balms or Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whispers are similar in concept and feel.)

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 - Clear (brown case): This has been a staple favorite of mine for about 4 years now. I get very (very!) dry lips and this just really works - case and point! Plus, it smells like lemons and sugar - bonus.

Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge - SC-3: Concealer is always a must have in my makeup bag. This one is perfect because it has two shades so you can use one or the other or mix the two for your perfect shade. This is great because as your skin tone changes throughout the year (summer tan, etc.), you can just adjust. It has great coverage so you barely need any (will last you forever!).

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - Radiant: This comes in a few shades. I use Radiant because it's the lightest one in a pink tone which is great for brightening under the eye. I had tried using the YSL Touche Eclat and wanted to like that, but this Maybelline one is better and cheaper. Win.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow - Bad to the Bronze: This is my favorite cream shadow. Applies easily and sets after a bit so it won't move all day. My favorite shade is Bad to the Bronze. A light cool bronze color with silver shimmer running through it. Perfect to just sweep across the lid with a clean finger and call it done.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush - Flushed: I'm obsessing over cream blushes at the moment. This is the first drugstore formula that I've found to rival high end ones. Really creamy, but has a velvety finish which helps it not disturb or drag your face makeup beneath it. The flushed color looks super bright, but really blends out sheer and beautifully on the face. You seriously look just naturally flushed. Love.

Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara - Very Black: This is hands down my all time favorite mascara even amongst higher end brands. I have long curly lashes (I've never used a lash curler. Please don't jump me in the parking lot), but my hair is quite fine so I mainly look for volume and this does just that. The brush also helps separate so you don't get clumpy lashes. Just so you have a frame of reference, I tend to like drier formula mascaras.

Anastasia Brow Wiz - Medium Ash: Anastasia has really gotten it down with all the brow products. I love this pencil for filling in brows. It has a good consistency of hardness so that it doesn't smudge, but still applies easily. It's also got a spooly on the other end so you can brush through your brows to blend the pencil and make sure your hairs aren't going in odd directions. I think going a shade lighter than your hair color is always good/safe so I use Medium Ash. 

Looking through, this is really a snapshot of products that I absolutely love and have really worked for me. Hope this was fun to peek inside and gave you some ideas. Catch you later!

No comments :

Post a Comment