7.08.2013

Summer Must Haves

Continuing on with the theme of summer, I wanted to share some of my favorites for these warmer months. Things I tend to love during the summer are products that are light weight and easy. I'm all about no fuss. Let's be real, especially in LA, it's too hot to care. So, I tried pulling some of my go to products to share with you. 

Origins VitaZing SPF 15 - I love this stuff. To start, its a great moisturizer. Not too heavy or greasy and it has SPF which is essential for being out in the sun. The best part of this though? It has these little magic beads (not literally, but you know...) that disperse a small amount of pigment to create an even glowing complexion. It's very light weight. Much lighter than a tinted moisturizer, but it really perks up your skin and makes you look healthy. It's marketed for all skin types - I personally would say that if you're any extreme (very dry or very oily) that this probably isn't best for you. Otherwise, I'd definitely give it a test run. Great for a foundation base or to wear alone on casual days. 

Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs - This has made an appearance on my fine legs many a time. I never self tan or gradual tan or whatever other tan you can do. So, when I want to go out and look picture perfect, this comes to the rescue. It's so easy to apply, I like to spray it onto the palm of my hand and then rub it in. It's makeup so it won't stain your skin whatsoever and it has a faint shimmer to it which totally makes you look like you're wearing pantyhose. In a good way. The best part is that it's water resistant, so once it sets, it won't rub off or come sliding down your leg if you get to close to a sprinkler (I don't know why you'd be close to a sprinkler, but if you are, you're safe). Oh, or more likely, if you're by a pool and someone decides to cannonball right where you're standing (that's a more logical example). Anyhow (got very side tracked with that), just be sure to let it set for a few minutes before getting dressed and when you're ready to call it a day, it'll wash right off in the shower. I'd suggest going a shade lighter than you'd think. I use the light glow and it still gives me a slight tan and covers any flaws or imperfections. Shhh... don't tell anyone.

Almay Liquid Lip Balm - I picked these babies up recently on a whim. I'm not very familiar with Almay, but something about these caught my eye and I'm glad they did. They are so comfortable! It really does feel like a lip balm in a liquid form. It's not at all sticky and it feels very moisturizing. They have quite a few colors. Depending on the shade, I find that some are more pigmented than others, but they are generally a sheer wash of color on the lips. Very pretty and easy!

Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist - OK, this is where I get myself into trouble. Yes, this stuff is pricey. What possessed me to buy it? I don't know, but I'm glad I did. It's basically a misting toner. It tones and hydrates your skin. You can use it before applying your serum and moisturizer or throughout the day to refresh your skin. It feels so cooling, smells divine, plus it really perks and plumps up your skin. Honestly just lovely. There are other products similar to this on the market that I've tried, but this one is hands down the best. I know the Caudalie Beauty Elixir is quite popular. I did go through one of those and I loved spritzing it. It feels so refreshing, but it contains alcohol and I found that after the initial amazingness, it would ultimately dry out my skin. I wish I could say that there is a cheaper alternative, but I just haven't come across it. Please don't hate me!

Hope you're enjoying summer. Catch you later.

No comments :

Post a Comment