7.07.2013

Electric Lashes: Anastasia Hypercolor

Summer is the perfect time to experiment with bright/bold color. I have never tried colored mascaras before. I'll admit, the thought of blue or green lashes slightly frightens me (OK, really frightens me). I love black mascara, the blacker the better. Hands down. But I'm always up for something new when it comes to makeup. It's the easiest way to try new things because at the end of the day, you can wash it all off. So, I came across the Anastasia Hypercolor(TM) Brow & Lash Tints and had to give them a go. I picked up two of the three colors - Electric Blue and Ultra Violet. They looked the most wearable. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. These are so much fun!


The Electric Blue comes out just as you'd expect. Electric Blue! Personally, it was a little too bold for my everyday use so I used my regular mascara on top lashes and this blue on my lower lashes - no eyeshadow. It's such an easy way to inject color in a really cool unexpected way without being 'in your face' about it. Although, my brother did tell me I looked like I was going to a rave, but what do boys know anyways?!
The Ultra Violet is actually much less vibrant. In a good way - I think. My lashes are quite dark, so this came on like a deep plum color. I think this one is great if you want a hint of color, but nothing too extreme. It could be also be good for subtly enhancing your eye color if you have brown or green eyes.

Overall, I think these are super fun. Note that they can be used on brows, but that thought is a bit too far out there for me. As a mascara, I would say that it really isn't super volumizing or lengthening. It's really more for adding a pop of color. Chanel came out with some colored mascaras for summer. YSL and Estee Lauder also have colored mascaras, but I think these by Anastasia ones are fun and less expensive which I think is good for something you won't be using everyday. So, if you're looking for a little makeup change, check these out. I picked mine up from Sephora. Until next time!



Images via www.sephora.com

No comments :

Post a Comment