7.15.2013

HALL OF FAME - Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil (& Skincare talk)

Amazing! That's what I would say if I had to sum this up in one word. And to be frank, I never, ever, ever thought I would say that about an oil that goes on my face! My skin is definitely on the oily side. I will get shiny throughout the day, but I had come to a point where I found myself using a lot of products geared towards oily skin that would strip my skin. I would be left with skin that was tight and didn't look supple or hydrated. What was I doing wrong?!

So, I'm definitely not a skincare expert. I actually have little understanding of how it all works. Recently though, I've been reading and reading up on the subject because I want to have gorgeous skin (who doesn't?!). Let's face it. The better your skin is, the less makeup you need and the better the makeup you do use will look. Anyhow, one of the things I've come to find in my research is that oily skin can also be dehydrated. Wait, what?! How is that possible? It made so much sense though. I would see that my skin didn't have radiance and it didn't have that supple/plump look of super healthy skin. It kind of looked sad and dull, with oil on top (ew, that sounded worse that I thought it would). I've now found that the more you dry and strip oily skin, the more oil it will produce to compensate. Not good.


So, I went on a hunt for different products geared towards moisturizing and hydrating the skin. I started doing cloth face masks which help SO much. I'll go more in depth on those in the future. The next part was experimenting with a face oils. They've recently become all the rave and rightfully so! I swear that this Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil has changed the way I view skincare. Just 2-3 drops every evening rubbed into dry/clean skin. Every morning I wake up and notice that my skin looks hydrated and alive. It looks more plump (as in it has a better bounce back/elasticity when you touch it). It has also helped reduce any scarring or dark spots I've had. Of course that part takes a bit of time to work through, but everything else was an immediate change. And if you're freaked out about getting oily - don't worry! It actually has helped make me less oily because my skin is hydrated and now isn't having to overcompensate.

I think we spend a lot of time trying to fix things the wrong way or trying to fix things that aren't even wrong with us. How many (I'm definitely guilty) of you have broken out and used acne geared products all over your face? It's not good for your skin! Obviously if you do have acne everywhere and suffer from that, you should do what is necessary for you. But, for others with few breakouts every now and again, you're applying products that are harsh on your skin and probably drying it out all over. If you do break out, best advice is to just use a spot treatment on that particular area. Otherwise, you can stress your skin out and actually cause more breakouts (eek). This issue goes for any skin problem. It's so important to really assess your skin type and treat it the way it should be treated. Try different products and find what really works for you. We also have to realize that our skin changes throughout the years and even the seasons. What worked last month, might not be what you need this month. Unfortunately, it's never ending.

After trying this face oil, I've since been changing other things in my skincare routine. I've gone from shopping for oil free or oil controlling products to sensitive and hydrating products. I'm really noticing the difference and I'm in awe. So, if you find that your current routine isn't really doing what you need it to do, investigate and try something new.

I think face oils can be great for dry or oily skin. This one has really been fantastic. I have no complaints. It's made my skin look and feel healthier and hydrated. More radiant and it doesn't at all feel greasy. Once you rub it into dry skin, it absorbs right in. If it feels greasy, you've probably applied too much (another option I've done is to just add one drop into my usual moisturizer if you don't want to use it alone). Also great that it is organic. Free of parabens, fragrances and all that icky stuff. Major points.

Hopefully this has opened eyes a bit to learning a little more about your skin and trying things you'd never thought of trying before. Talk soon.


No comments :

Post a Comment