7.10.2013

MARC the Moment

What?! No f*%$ing way! Please excuse my language, but I'm just too excited to contain myself. I know I've already posted today, but I can't wait any longer to talk about this! About a year ago I heard a rumor that Marc Jacobs was working on a beauty line and I was thrilled, but it's been such a long time, I wasn't sure if the rumor was true. Then, out of the blue, a friend of mine sent me the Marc Jacobs Beauty link and I flipped.



Yes, it's true. He is launching a large range (122 items I believe) of beauty products that are exclusive to Sephora and select Marc Jacobs stores. OMFG! I cannot wait for this to come out so I can see it and get my hands on some things. WWD published an article about the launch and went into more specifics. It sounds like it will be a colorful range with variety. It's not about looking au natural, it's about having fun and getting creative. Hopefully the quality will live up to expectation too!

I seriously cannot express the amount of jittery happiness I get from the thought of this happening. Marc Jacobs was my first true love when it comes to fashion designers. I remember going into Barney's when I was in college to 'visit' Marc Jacobs shoes and clothing. I had been eyeing a pair of heels for months and would go to see them every now and again. Try them on and imagine what my day would be like if they were mine (crazy, I know). Those shoes were the first Marc Jacobs item (first designer item, really) I ever owned. I didn't have the money to buy them, but on my birthday, I received them as a gift from my mom. I remember opening the box and feeling like I was about to pass out. My mom had driven to Melrose (which is kind of far from our house), hunted down the Marc Jacobs store (which she'd never been to or heard of) and picked up these shoes just for me (yes, I'm so lucky. - for the shoes and my mom!). This was years ago, but I still have them. They hold a special place in my heart. Marc Jacobs just makes me happy. His incredible talent and no holds barred attitude is so awesome and you know it's taken him a lot to get there. I have a lot of respect for that. I will definitely be at Sephora when it launches on August 9th. As you can see from the image above, you can go to MarcJacobsBeauty.com to watch the countdown.

Yay! Can't wait!

No comments :

Post a Comment